My Diet Formula

Saturday 6 December 2014

Staying Slender on Comfort Foods This Winter

It's a chilly 40 degrees Fahrenheit aside and nothing sounds more soothing that snuggling up to a nice cup of hot, whole milk chocolate or wrapping my frigid fingers around a bowl of brothy chicken and dumpling soup. The problem is that after three months of cozying up with such comforts foods, I could remove my three layers of clothing to find and extra layer of fat nesting on my waistline.
No worries though, I've developed some clever ways to keep slim this winter while still getting my fair indulgence of comfort foods.
Go for Low-Fat, Low-Calorie Soups
Cambell's Soup and Progresso both offer yummy low calorie soups that will keep your waistline tamed and your mouth happy this winter. If you are worried about variety, Progresso has you covered. Right now they have 40 soups with 100 calories or less. Cambell's Soup will have you full for a month with its 35 different choices of Select Harvest soups under 50 stomach warming calories each.
Drink Hot Teas Instead of Hot Chocolate
I love Swiss Miss hot coco, but one cup of it is going to cost me about 250 calories the way I make it. That adds up over the course of a week. Plus, all of that sugar is not awesome for the skin. Now I've opted to bring green tea into my selection of warm beverages. Plus, green tea flavors have grown dramatically over the years. Now you can find green teas that hardly taste like green tea. I'll admit, I did not really enjoy green tea when I first tried it. It was too bitter and tasted like algae. But now, you can find berry, vanilla, orange, mint and even cinnamon flavored green tea at your local grocers. This delicious treat will warm your body and give you a little energy boost.
Stay Warm
Another way to resist that temptation to over eat comfort foods is to keep yourself warm. That doesn't mean you have to turn your heater on overdrive. Instead, wear layers of clothing and remove them and add more as your body temperature dictates.
If that doesn't do the trick, take a short walk down the hall or around your office. Simply moving the body will get your temperature up and remove the urge for quick relief with comfort food.
Keep making those healthy choices all winter long and you could actually be ready for swim suit season without even trying.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Staying-Slender-on-Comfort-Foods-This-Winter&id=6805739

No comments:

Post a Comment